1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?Hot Chocolate! It’s the perfect drink to curl up with a good book and a blanket in front of the fire!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?Depends on the present. Usually there are presents from everyone wrapped, then Santa fills the stockings, some wrapped some not, and then if he brings a BIG gift…it is not wrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?I have two trees (both happen to be in storage this year) one has white lights and one has colored.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?There is really no point…I have given up!
5. When do you put your decorations up?When I get to I want them up November 1st, but I try to make myself wait until after the Thanksgiving meal.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?My mom’s hamwiches on Christmas eve…YUMMY!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:Every year that we lived in Kenya my parents hosted a city wide open house party. This was scheduled from noon till whenever we shut down for the evening, everyone from missionaries to Indian businessmen, to members of our church, and friends from the Eldoret club came. I think the first year we had maybe 70 people show up, by my senior year it was tradition in our town and I think at last count we had over 300! J Some of the best memories of my life were centered around those days. All races, tribes and tongues coming together to live, laugh and love.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?You mean that he is real? Um I don’t remember how I found out, but I remember being really angry at all the people trying to tell me he wasn’t. I am almost 30 and I still believe……
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?Yes, it is always an ornament from my mom to add to our collection for our future (or my current) household.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas treeLights (duh), some breakable balls, personal ornaments, homemade ornaments, gifts from friends….every one has its own story of how it ended up on our tree.
11. Snow? Love it or Dread it?Love love love love!
12. Can you ice skate?I have done it a couple of times, would love to do it more often.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?hmm….there are several.
One year, right after we moved to Africa, my mom made matching PJ’s for my cabbage patch babies (one boy and one girl) and I got a cradle to use to put them in. I loved that year.
I got the game of LIFE…I had always wanted it and I remember holding it up and yelling “LIFE!! LIFE!! LIFE!!”
Oh and in the foggiest traces of my memory I remember on year, I was probably 3 or 4, and I got a Strawberry shortcake sleeping bag and strawberry shortcake pillows that my gran had made to match. I remember that the biggest box under the tree was for me…..happy times.
14. What’s the most exciting thing about the Holidays for you?Holidays are actually hard for me because no matter where in the world I am I am always far away from someone I love. I guess really the most exciting thing is to hear about and relive in my mind the birth of Christ…he also knew what it was like to be far away from the ones he loved.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?You are kidding me right? There is no way I can pick just one. Cherry pie probably tops the list.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?My dad reading the Christmas story out of both Matthew and Luke on Christmas Eve.
17. What tops your tree?A big bow.
18. Which do you prefer – giving or receiving?Definitely giving….I am like a child opening a gift when I watch someone open what I have taken time and effort to find and wrap for them…I love it!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
I miss you most at Christmas time – Mariah Carey, describes my heart
Light of the World – The Martins, describes the reason.
20. Candy canes?Question or a statement here? Dumb.