So here was the list:
- No eating out
- No soda
- Work out daily
- No tv shows on the computer
- Blog daily
- write letters (real letter with pen & paper & stamps)
- Take an interesting photo daily
- be a member of the 5 o’clock club (this means getting up at 5 am daily!)
- read my positive affirmation daily
- 30 new Mary Kay customers
- 30 days of prayer
Here were the results
- No eating out – I figured out that there is no way in my busy life that this is possible. Just in the first 10 days, I traveled to Chicago, came home attended a four day conference in Dallas, and had friends from out of town come visit. All of which entailed eating out. But I did much better, and ate at home much moreoften and with much healthier food AND stayed in budget.
- No soda – I did soooo good at this right till the very end. And honestly I didn’t even think about it when I messed up. I went to eat greek food with my friend for lunch. We always get coke with our lunch because their coke mix is amazing – so I ordered it and half way through lunch realized I was drinking a soda! HA! But I did finish out the month with just that one!
- Work out daily – 20 days of over 100 degree heat – 7 of those days over 105 – while this was attempted, sometimes the workout was walking the dog and not dying.
- No tv shows on the computer – done
- Read – done!
- Blog daily – not quite but this goes back to the no eating out reason. Some days start at 5 and end around 11 – without a break….but I think I am going to try this one again.
- write letters (real letter with pen & paper & stamps) – yay! I did this one. I participated in Happy Mail. I haven’t had a pen pal since I was a child, but I am still friends with that pen pal today…so, this was a super fun way to get back to the joy of writing letters.
- Take an interesting photo daily – done! This was fun and a challenge. I used my iphone mostly….below are some of the fun ones I took.
- be a member of the 5 o’clock club (this means getting up at 5 am daily!) -so thiswas good. I didn’t make it every morning but the mornings I did I remembered why I love being a part of this club…I’m back to having this as a goal this month.
- read my positive affirmation daily – done…and man does it make a difference.
- 30 new Mary Kay customers – not quite but definitely have more than I did a month ago.
- 30 days of prayer – done. It was this goal that changed my month. I can’t explain it right now because there is more work to be done. But life is simply changed when we pray. There is power, healing, contentment, purging, and grace found inthe midst of prayer that can be found no where else.
Over all I learned a lot about myself and what can be done when I set my mind to something. September has started out with a bang with goals of its own. I’m excited to see what they bring!
See ya in the funny papers!